Aims of the International Family Nursing Association:
- Promote the care of families in health and illness;
- Facilitate networking among family nurse researchers, educators and practitioners;
- Provide mechanisms for dissemination of information regarding family nursing research, education and practice;
- Advance family nursing research and foster the utilization of nursing research findings;
- Encourage socialization and preparation of students for the roles of family nurse researcher, family nurse advanced practice and family nurse educator;
- Promote the allocation of resources available for family nursing development; and
- Comprise a professional source of evidence, information and advocacy in health policy, and health legislation to improve the care of families.